“Cook what is in season”
That is the best approach for maximum flavor, the freshest produce and the most soul satisfying meal. As a mother or just a busy person trying to get food on the table, it’s not always that easy, so here at Culinary Works Seasonal Classes my goal is to help you navigate through that process so that we can all learn together. Below is a general guideline of how I run my classes:
- I always focus strongly on knife skills and cooking techniques, epiphanies happen at every class.
- You always eat what we prepare, with enough to feel certainly satisfied.
- Classes last approximately last 3-4 hours, recipe packets are provided and start time is generally 6:30 PM.
- I feel strongly about a “Healthy Approach”. I don’t preach, I just try to educate.
- Its not always the recipes you are learning, its the little things in how you get there along the way that will make you a better cook.
- The class format is hands-on, very casual, fun and social.
- I have a full understanding that people come to my classes not just to learn but to get away, a night out, to be social, so I continue to focus on the basics for people to continue to grasp the concepts.
- Lastly, these sessions classes are the only offered 3x per year. Generally winter/ spring, early summer, and fall/holiday. Please come while they are offered.
- Classes take place at DEANE Inc. in Stamford (just off I-95, exit 9) and New Canaan (right across from train station).