12 tablespoons butter
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
1 lemon, sliced into 8 wedges
2 bottles beer, Pale Ale or Lager
1/2 cup water
2 to 2 1/2 pounds medium to large fresh shrimp, unpeeled
1. In a deep skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
2. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
3. Add salt, Old Bay Seasoning, and crushed red pepper flakes and lemon.
4. Add beer and water. Bring to a boil and let reduce for a 4-5 minutes. Taste mixture for seasoning. Adjust if necessary.
5. Add shrimp, bring to boil, turn down to medium. Cook for 6 minutes or so until pink and firm, not mushy! Timing depends on the size of your shrimp.