- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine or champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup – or agave, honey
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 large shallot – chopped fine
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 cup Farro – look near rice at grocery store
- 1 container fresh spinach, lightly chopped
- 1 container Arugula
- 2-3 sweet potatoes fresh – or pre skinned and you chop into large chunks
- Nuts – toasted – Pecans and or Walnuts –
- Feta or Goat Cheese crumbles
In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine all ingredients; shake well. Store in the refrigerator. Shake very well before serving.
Coat Cook the Farro according to package directions. Let it cool to room temperature. Set aside. Season your sweet potato with olive oil salt and pepper. Roast in a single layer in 375 degree oven for 20 mins. Check at 15 mins, you want to see some browning and caramelizing. Remove from oven, let cool to room temperature.
Toast your nuts in hot oven, check after 4 minutes, do not burn, do not walk away, set a timer. Let cool.
Make sure all other ingredients are chopped and ready.
Add all ingredients to bowl, you can layer them to look pretty. But ideally in my opinion it needs to be tossed and seasoned with salt and pepper. Then add dressing lightly at first and then more if needed. Toss cheese at end, however much you want, but do not let it overpower.