3 lbs. turkey wings (about 3 large wings)
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 large yellow onion with skin, cut in half
2 medium carrots, cut in half
2 stalks celery
1 large Bay leaf
6 sprigs fresh thyme
8 parsley stems
1. Pre – heat oven to 425°F.
2. Place wings on a sheet tray and drizzle with olive oil, salt & pepper. Roast wings for about 30 minutes, turning halfway through until golden brown.
3. Add wings to a 6-quart stock pot (or your best pot). Add onion, carrots, celery. Bay leaf, garlic, peppercorns, thyme and parsley stems. Make sure to add any pan juices that accumulated on sheet tray. You can loosen up the brown bits by adding a little water then add the liquid to the stock pot.
4. Cover the wings and vegetables with enough cold water so that everything is submerged. Place stock pot on high heat and bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
5. Simmer uncovered for at least 2 hours up to 4 hours.
6. Strain stock over a large measuring cup in batches using a fine mesh sieve and transfer to quart size containers.
Makes about 3 quarts of stock.