- 1 acorn squash, sliced
- 1 kabocha squash, sliced
- 1 carnival squash, sliced (optional)
- 1 small butternut squash, sliced & cubed (optional)
- Salt & pepper
- ½ stick salted butter
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- To prepare the squash for roasting: cut the acorn, kabocha and carnival squash, in half and
remove the seeds. If using butternut squash, remove the neck and cut the bulb in half, length wise.*
- For all the squash, lay the flat cut side down on your cutting board and slice into 1 inch – 1 ½ inch
pieces. Lay the slices out on a sheet tray being sure not to crowd them or they will steam and not
caramelize. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper and roast for 35 – 45 minutes or until
soft and slightly browned.
- To make the maple butter, heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the butter and the
maple syrup, continuing whisking until the butter and syrup is combined.
- When the squash comes out of the oven, brush the slices with the maple butter.
*If using butternut squash cut the bulb section into cubes and roast separately or save for later.