- 3 tablespoons brown sugar – either one is fine
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and trimmed and cut in half lengthwise if necessary
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a large straight-sided skillet, bring 1 1/3 cups water, brown sugar, and butter to a boil over high. Add carrots and reduce heat. Partially cover and simmer until slightly tender, 10 minutes. Uncover and cook, gently tossing often, until carrots are tender and glazed, about 6 minutes. Stir in thyme and cook 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper and taste for readjustment. Serve warm.