1 Italian baguette
3 pints cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 head garlic, left whole stem end cut off
1 small red onion, small dice
3 tbsp. olive oil
¼ tsp. salt
1 cup + 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
Fresh ground pepper to taste
¼ cup basil leaves, chiffonade
1. Pre-heat oven to 300°F. Add tomatoes, garlic and olive oil to a baking sheet, season with salt & pepper. Mix until well coated, add more olive oil if needed. Roast until tomatoes have shrunken and wilted and browned slightly around the sides, approximately 90 minutes.
2. When cool enough to handle, squeeze garlic out of their cloves, add to tomatoes, add onions and balsamic vinegar, adjust seasoning and mix.
3. Increase oven temperature to 375°F. Using a bread knife, slice the baguette on the diagonal. Place bread slices on a sheet tray and drizzle with olive oil. Toast the bread for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. To make balsamic glaze: Add 1 cup of balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan, over medium high heat bring vinegar to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer until the vinegar reduces, its done when it coats the back of a spoon. Allow to cool.
5. To assemble bruschetta: top toasted baguette with tomato mixture, drizzle with balsamic glaze and garnish with basil chiffonade.